02 July 2007

sarcastic hypocrisy. glorious.

sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.


most people are other people. their thoughts are someone else's opinion, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.

-oscar wilde.

&&

i woke up at noon. i don't know why, because i didn't go to bed very late.. but i woke up then, then my dad and heather left for home depot. i rode my bike to my friend's house and the library and everywhere he usually hangs out but didn't find him. i think he died. or was just gone, that's another possibility.

so i played soccer at the park alone for a while. i had to wait for the girls who were doing running drills. they had to do them in the middle of the soccer field too, so i had nowhere to shoot. the field next door is actually twice the size, and there's not a single person trying to use it! joy of joys!

i helped my dad rip shingles off the roof of the shed thing and put them in the dumpster. heaviness. ow.

the whole time i have been here i have been playing with my brother the entire time we have both been home together. literally. except when he tells me i'm not his brother and to go away or something like that. i took a day off. putting it mildly, i was.. accosted.. for it. my dad's sort of caught in the middle, but that's not my fault.

shh, jenny, if someone wanted to know, they would read it. you don't have to tell anyone.

then i talked to marion [and clementine!] for an hour and a half or so on the phone, which i haven't been able to do for a while. i tried speaking french and they laughed at my american accent. apparently it was adorable. i doubt it. i was made fun of for that, but maybe it was "adorable" too.

that was cynical.

so i had an okay day. my knee feels better, so i will be able to play soccer, unless i get hurt again. speaking of which.. i hit my shin in 4 places today, and i hit one of the places twice. with the same thing. which was a fence. i'm becoming incredibly clumsy. let's just be safe and call it disastrous, shall we?

&&

oh, and you know what's really badass?
kaki king has long nails on both her hands. it makes me happy.

right. comment, mkay?

7 comments:

dieannuhh said...

*commenting*
oh the joys of having younger brothers. glad mine has friends now :]

Unknown said...

i never really thought of kaki king as badass...

Meghna Rao said...

hmm. my dad reviewed some book on oscar wilde a few months ago.


at least sixty times a day, I make a mental note to send you some song or another. Really, I do. I even wrote a reminder on my mirror one time.

...And then I remember that I CAN'T. How distressing.

Unknown said...

you know that when they call you adorable (i can't object to what they're saying, however), you like it. don't deny that, sly dog.

i cannot wait until school. we've had almost 0 talk time at all.

~ forever and always... said...

Your always adorable *pinches cheeck* just kiddin. Well, not really, but anyway.

At least i know I'm not the only one whose been clumsy lately. I fell off a horse. twice. How's that for clumsy? (I hope that made you feel better...)

~ forever and always... said...

and it hurt! and left bruises... And scars. Did you know bruises could be green?

Unknown said...

oh, i just realized that this post looks like one meghna would write, just because of the quote and the &&s and the sort of..3 section thing goin on? do you get what i mean? who am i kidding, of course you get what i mean.

i feel like whenever i say "do you get what i mean?" you always do.